KEmailSettings and ksendbugmail

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Nov 3 09:14:57 UTC 2013

KEmailSettings has historically been in KIO.
It's however, just a bunch of KConfig calls.

ksendbugmail is a separate program used by tier3/xmlgui/src/kbugreport.cpp and
it needs KEmailSettings (and in kde4 it didn't even link to kio for that, it
just compiled that file alone from the kio sources...).

Any objections against moving KEmailSettings to KConfigCore?
Then I can move ksendbugmail to xmlgui and avoid an unwanted
xmlgui->kio dependency.

Oh, and I just found this:
xmlgui/src/kbugreport.cpp:395:  // ### KDE4: why oh why is KEMailSettings in
kio?
In other words, by making KEmailSettings available to xmlgui we can remove
some code duplication.