Getting ecm files from the ECM package

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Fri Nov 1 12:53:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-01, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:
> So far we chose the "have it in cmake/ecm" route. If we had what Mirko =
> refers=20
> to, then that'd open the door to another solution.

And it would open the first door towards alienating linux distributions.

Of course, we could say "and so what?". But that is our current primary
way of getting our stuff to our users - so we shouldn't put obstacles in
their way.

Maven, ruby and stuff is all communities where there seem to be a strong
tension with the linux distributions over issues like this. Let's not
try to embrace that.

/Sune