KF5 Update Meeting 2013-w20

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu May 16 19:31:23 UTC 2013

On Thursday 16 May 2013, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 May 2013 21:07:43 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Wednesday 15 May 2013, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > So yesterday 4pm (Paris timezone :p) as planned we had the first update
> >
> > is it planned to have those meetings sometimes also later in the day ?
> > At 4pm I'm at work, and so can't attend.
>
> I'd have some other personal commitments later in the day... maybe that
> could happen one hour later though. Would that work for you?

5pm is still too early.
5:30 might be doable, but no guarantees.
I'd like in the evening, i.e. 8pm or later. But even then I'd probably forget
it half of the times...

> > Last time I looked it didn't look too bad.
> > As long as kdelibs is only partly split some somewhat ugly things have to
> > stay around I think.
> > Do you have anything special in mind ?
>
> Well, it's mostly about the find_package calls I think. The list is quite
> extensive and I think it tries to find much more than it needs, the most
> likely culprit being the use of KDELibs4 which itself forces you to pull
> everything (see the growing list of find_package(KF5 ...)? it's forced by
> KDELibs4 apparently).

This is tricky as long as the libs have not moved to tier[123]/ yet, but still
have dependencies.
I wouldn't start "cleaning" that up before the needed libs can be built
cleanly standalone.

Alex