KF5 Update Meeting 2013-w20

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu May 16 08:38:14 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 15 May 2013 15:04:18 Kevin Ottens wrote:
>  * @dfaure: Could those unixisms be documented somewhere and have people
> help?  Sounds like something easy enough.

time_t => QDateTime, that's easy enough.

mode_t is a lot more problematic. The permissions part of it can be ported to
QFile::Permissions (except when suid/sgid matters), and the "type of file"
part of it (file, directory, socket, etc.) needs custom code, if it was
actually used.
The other part of the story for mode_t is that it used to be useful to
KMimeType but it isn't any longer (with the switch to QMimeType).
This propagates up to KRun, which no longer really needs the mode_t, since it
was mostly giving it to KMimeType. Which in turn propagates up to users of
KRun...

I would recommend that people help with time_t -> QDateTime, while I battle
with the mode_t usage...