please make it easier to hack on frameworks

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue May 14 11:47:07 UTC 2013

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> Additionally we don't check in cmake that the Qt which has been found is
> good enough.
> We make use of the new INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES target property, but
> have no checks that the Qt which has been found provides those already.
>
> The obvious way would be by requiring some specific minimum version number
> of Qt.
> Stephen, is this possible ?

I've bumped the required Qt version to 5.2.0, which is what the dev branch
happens to identify itself as currently.

> Stephen, what is your plan regarding this ?

The real problem here is one of expectations. Therefore, you might have
similar issues in the future.

For the sake of future proofing, I suggest you adjust your expections as
follows:

1) If you can't build frameworks, and it is possible to update your Qt
build, then update your Qt build. Don't expect to get an error at cmake
time.
2) If you update your Qt repos, do a clean build and a clean install. Don't
expect a dirty build to work.

>From reading your emails, it looks like your existing expectations are the
opposite of the above, though I don't know why.

Thanks,

Steve.