Add step parameter to DoubleInput QInputDialog

David Gil Oliva davidgiloliva at gmail.com
Fri May 10 21:00:31 UTC 2013

2013/5/10 David Faure <faure at kde.org>

> On Wednesday 08 May 2013 17:26:17 David Gil Oliva wrote:
>
> > Therefore, I think that it would be best to add a static method called
> > getItemFromListView. What do you think?
>
> Option 1: adding getItemFromListView (the name looks a bit odd)
> Option 2: adding a getItem overload that takes an InputDialogOptions
> parameter, so that this will be ready for more options if any, in the
> future.

There's something odd about the second one. I could write a getItem
overload with a InputDialogOptions parameter, but the value of that
parameter could be:

    enum InputDialogOption {
        NoButtons                    = 0x00000001,
        UseListViewForComboBoxItems  = 0x00000002,
        UsePlainTextEditForTextInput = 0x00000003
    };

The third one is for the new getMultiLineText method.

Actually, only the second one has something to do with the other
static-getItem-with-listView method. Therefore it turns out the aim is not
to have a listView in getItem, but to be able to use any existing option,
even when they don't make any sense for the getItem method. I find it weird
and counter-intuitive.

> Option 3: porting coded to the multi-line call (constructor,
> setComboBoxItems,
> setOptions).

Sorry that I insist, but with so many messages I don't want my question to
get buried down. I don't understand this third option and I'd need a little
explanation...

Thank you so much

David Gil
www.hackingastrology.net