Add step parameter to DoubleInput QInputDialog

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri May 10 09:43:45 UTC 2013

On Friday, 2013-05-10, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 10 May 2013 10:11:05 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Friday, 2013-05-10, David Faure wrote:

> > > I found no actual use case in the whole KDE code, for actual
> > > multiselection. All calls to getItemList are followed by a .first() or
> > > equivalent.
> >
> > Ah, I see.
> > I thought that if we were to introduce a new method, we could aim at a
> > really new one, e.g. a "get items" that is not just single/multi, but
> > actually takes a selection mode flag.
>
> Ah, I see. :)
> It makes the justification for a new method easier, indeed, from a
> technical point of view.
> But if nobody needs that, then the justification for putting it into Qt
> isn't great.
> Any idea for an actual use case for multiselection in such a "simple" input
> dialog? :)

Ah, I see (sorry, couldn't resist) :)

I'll try to come up with a use case for multi selection, however I think a new
listview based method (which we obviously have a use case for already) might
as well provide listview specific options even if there isn't a use case for
those yet.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring