CMake usage requirements in KDE Frameworks

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 11:38:58 UTC 2013

http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdelibs.git&a=commitdiff&h=56d571a223e00ffed4cb682eb098c5b1e347fa70

> E.g. due to removing
> include_directories(${kdeqt5staging_INCLUDE_DIRS})
> from kcoreaddons/CMakeLists.txt, kcoreaddons does not find the
> kdeqt5staging headers anymore when being built stand-alone.
> You can do that by building the superbuild/ directory of kdelibs/.

That superbuild directory doesn't seem to work for me. Although I run cmake
on it with cmake master, it seems to try to use cmake 2.8.9 from my distro
when building the subprojects.

I reproduced the problem with a build of kcoreaddons alone.

> What is your plan regarding moving this forward ?

As I wrote elsewhere in this thread, the plan going forward is to have cmake
populate the INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES with the INSTALL_INTERFACE.

Until that is done we can either add code to do that ourselves (and remove
it later), or simply use include_directories() where you need it. I've
pushed a commit doing the former for kdeqt5staging, so tier1 libs which
depend on that should work in your superbuild again.

Thanks,

Steve.