Review Request 109503: Compile with current qt dev branch

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Mar 17 07:58:08 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
>> I tried the command invocation:
>> git submodule foreach 'git fetch; git reset --hard origin/dev || git
>> reset --hard origin/master || true'
>>
>> Which does do the job. However, as feared Jenkins is far too clever
>> and overwrites that completely, checking out the directories specified
>> in the .gitmodules file.
>
> Ok, thanks for trying it.
>

>> This means we need to construct a completely synthetic .gitmodules
>> file (which will then cause Jenkins to do the work of ensuring the
>> right branches are checked out) I suspect. Anyone got any other ideas?
>
> If that's an option for you it would be cool. I can't think of a better
> idea.

I have now implemented this - although in a slightly different manner.

Rather than running this before the SCM update phase Jenkins carries
out, I run this as part of the actual build process - in the part
where the repository has it's sources cleansed and any special
build.kde.org patches applied.

I will note that this is the second time code which is only used by Qt
5 has been added to the scripts which run build.kde.org.
The first instance was when extra code was needed to ensure submodules
are cleansed properly (as neither git reset --hard or git clean -dfx
cross repository boundaries).

> Thanks,
>
> Steve.

Regards,