Review Request 109503: Compile with current qt dev branch

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Mar 16 11:42:07 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I mean
>>>
>>>   git submodule foreach 'git fetch; git reset --hard origin/dev || true'
>>
>> That works for the most part, except with qtqa, qtrepotools and
>> qtx11extras which don't have a 'dev' branch for some unknown reason.
>> As qtx11extras is a recent addition which we have needed, I suspect
>> this could cause issues.
>
> Yes, could those be special-cased?
>
>  git submodule foreach 'git fetch; git reset --hard origin/dev || true'
>  cd qtx11extras && git fetch && git reset --hard origin/master

I tried the command invocation:
git submodule foreach 'git fetch; git reset --hard origin/dev || git
reset --hard origin/master || true'

Which does do the job. However, as feared Jenkins is far too clever
and overwrites that completely, checking out the directories specified
in the .gitmodules file.

This means we need to construct a completely synthetic .gitmodules
file (which will then cause Jenkins to do the work of ensuring the
right branches are checked out) I suspect. Anyone got any other ideas?

> etc?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve.

Regards,