Small sprint in BlueSystems BCN

David Faure faure+bluesystems at kde.org
Fri Mar 15 17:46:38 UTC 2013

On Friday 08 March 2013 20:43:41 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> Hi there !
>
> Aleix, Martin Klapetek, Albert and I will be doing a small "hackathon" to
> work on KF5, the idea is to setup our machines properly (Qt5+KF5) and work
> on on it.
>
> We would like to have some list of items that can be done by a group of
> people who have never collaborated with the KF5 effort, so would be awesome
> if we can find some auto-contained task that will require more doing than
> thinking (so we can jump to the code).

Please consider taking from the following tasks:

* Adding what's missing in Qt:
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Qt_5.1_Merging#Merging_features_in_Qt_5.1_epic

* Cleaning up kdelibs:
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/kdelibs_cleanups#Cleaning_up_kdelibs

I just added one task to that list which I could recommend: "Make the code
portable: port away from kde_file.h, i.e. from
KDE::open/rename/stat/lstat/access/... to QFile"

But feel free to pick any other task :)