KGlobalSettings move to kde4support

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 15:40:01 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-18 03:10, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 08:14:50 Kevin Ottens wrote:
>> On Monday 17 June 2013 19:43:33 Aleix Pol wrote:
>>> So I was looking at KGlobalSettings to see what we need to do to finally
>>> deprecate all KGlobalSettings, as suggested by the required kdelibs
>>> cleanups.
>>>
>>> So the things missing to be done are:
>>>   - (in)active(Title/Color)Color: I'm unsure why those are there, but
>>>
>>> they're only used by khtml (within kdelibs) and I don't know if they're
>>> configurable. I guess they should be using KColorScheme, although I don't
>>> see caption properties there. Ideas?

What are these used for? They sound like WM colors?

>> It's used a bit outside of kdelibs, but not much indeed. Still as you said
>> it likely makes most sense in KColorScheme. So I'd say extend KColorScheme
>> accordingly and then deprecate.

Perhaps, but KColorScheme already has quite some colors and they are
(fairly) well organized at the moment. I would like to understand first
what these other colors are used for and if maybe existing colors should
be used instead, or at least how to best fit them into the existing
framework.

Thanks,

(Please keep me CC'd.)

--