KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2013-w24

Kevin Ottens ervin+bluesystems at kde.org
Wed Jun 12 06:09:37 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Tuesday 11 June 2013 21:08:45 Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> 2013/6/11 Kevin Ottens:
> [...]
>
> >  * ItemViews will be tier 2 until we contribute the natural compare to Qt;
>
> I thought that Qt 5.1 will have the QCollator class, which can perform
> natural comparison of strings if you use "numeric mode"?

Indeed, it's still private API though. Also the conclusion was "our
implementation is better", but looking at QCollator I'm not sure I agree with
that.

In any case for the time being we keep the dependency, it can be changed later
once we see what can replace that natural compare in Qt (be it QCollator, or
QCollator with our own changes, or something else we contribute fully).

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net