Simplifying KConfigDialogManager

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jun 3 10:31:41 UTC 2013

On Thursday 16 May 2013 08:13:55 David Edmundson wrote:
> KConfigDialogManager currently contains a map of every possible widget
> along with the name of the signal to connect to to know when a widget
> changes.
>
> Can we kill this entire map and replace it with monitoring
> widget->metaObject()->userProperty()->notifySignal() at runtime?
> It will greatly simplify the code in there, whilst also making it more
> extensible/flexible/future proof.
>
> We know that the user property must be set for all the widgets listed
> as otherwise they would have to be be listed in the current
> s_propertyMap.

Just saw this.

Well, this sounds like a great idea. I trust that you'll check that the
userProperty()->notifySignal() returns the same result as what's in the map
right now, for every widget in the map? :-)

Also, what about the always-special case of QComboBox, which can be used both
with QString and with int? Well, given that you'll run kconfigdialog_unittest
anyway, you'll find out :-)