Notes from Frameworks5 Promo BoF at Akademy

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 10:54:53 UTC 2013

Heya,

I know it's late and perhaps somebody already send these, but if not, here
they are: the notes of the Frameworks5Communication BoF at Akademy 2013.

I will just link to the notes, as that's the easiest for all - and it can be
edited with further insights.
https://notes.kde.org/p/Frameworks5Communication

Something I'd like to highlight is the proposal I made to try and release one
or two parts of Frameworks as soon as we can (without giving in on quality) as
a 'teaser' for people. It would help tremendously with building up excitement
around Frameworks 5 and in garnering interest and perhaps even help from the
Qt community. It was suggested that Treadweaver and Karchive might be ready
for a 1.0 (5.0?) in December.

This does of course influence scheduling, and the added request to have a good
status overview of the various modules probably adds to that.

Thoughts?

/Jos