KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2013-w31

Kevin Ottens ervin+bluesystems at kde.org
Tue Jul 30 15:21:00 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

This is the minutes of the Week 31 KF5 meeting. As usual it has been held on
#kde-devel at 4pm Paris time.

Were present: afiestas, agateau, apol, ben2367, d_ed, dfaure, mck182,
mgraesslin, miroslav, sebas, steveire, teo, wojtask9 and myself.

Announcements:
 * Please everyone run the whole kdelibs test suite before pushing, your
changes might have side-effects at places you wouldn't expect.

Topics discussed:
 * afiestas should be done tomorrow for the styleHint change, so hopefully
soon in Qt;
 * then he plans to focus on other QPA related tasks;
 * agateau has been working on the context menu fixes for QLineEdit and
QTextEdit;
 * then he plans to focus on QSessionManager giving a hand to the existing
effort;
 * apol merged his changes to use QFontsDatabase instead of KGlobalSettings;
 * he is now looking into moving KStringHandler::naturalCompare to Qt;
 * sebas has his KPluginFactory patches in review;
 * ben2367 is still looking in unifying our cmake files regarding variables vs
direct use of targets;
 * he's also working on the forwarding headers generation;
 * and last but not least he's making progress on a script to plot the
frameworks dependencies;
 * d_ed is working on a patch for having QKeySequence defaults tied to our
configuration;
 * dfaure started to use some of the QUrl changes in kdelibs;
 * he's also working on QCommandLineParser;
 * mck182 is looking into the overlay support in QIcon;
 * he's also working on putting the cups features in QPrintDialog;
 * mgraesslin did some fixes as needed for kwin;
 * miroslav is preparing another bigger API change in threadweaver;
 * wojtask9 is looking into cleaning up our use of LINK_PRIVATE vs LINK_PUBLIC
in our cmake files;
 * he's also working on the kmodifierkeyinfo port to xcb;
 * I'm still working on emptying kdecore, and almost there;
 * help is welcome for porting away from kde_file.h.

Action items still open:
 * [sandsmark] Finish the work on KPtyProcess
 * [steveire] Write a "CMake for frameworks" guideline in the wiki

If you got questions, feel free to ask.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net