Porting the mode_t uses

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Jul 19 17:56:46 UTC 2013

Hi,
We've been looking into the tasks to be done in the kdelibs cleanup and
I've been looking into the mode_t port. It's obviously not a trivial task,
since we don't have any adequate replacement for all the required values
[1].

I guess the best move would be to extend QFile::Permissions to fit our
needs, although I'm unsure if the Qt Project would be welcome such change.

An alternative would be to create some class that abstracts permissions out
in a KDE framework, but I doubt we want to move the dependencies (like
karchive) another tier.

Any suggestions?
Aleix

[1] http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl2_stat.htm