Why do we use find_package(Qt5Widgets) ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jul 18 20:28:54 UTC 2013

On Thursday 18 July 2013, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > find_package(Qt5 COMPONENTS Core Widgets) ?
>
> Is your question "I expect this to break but it doesn't. Why?"?

No. Should I expect it to break ?
On one side, it's a style question. Multiple Qt modules can be searched this
way with one call.
Additionally, shouldn't libraries which are used directly also be linked
directly ? People using the gold linker had more problems with such things
than when using the GNU linker. I don't know in detail how this is handled now
with all the new features of imported targets in cmake.

Are there downsides when using the umbrella Qt5 config file compared to using
the separate ones ?

Alex