KIO progress towards tier 1 framework?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jul 2 22:15:25 UTC 2013

Le mardi 2 juillet 2013 21:35:13 Mark a écrit :
> ** ahh, so we're continuing in this message after all instead of "KIO
> progress towards tier 1 framework? (resend)". **

No, this was a reply to your message on k-f-d. I just removed the "resend" in
my reply, it didn't make sense for the reply.

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > The current status is that I'm making a delegate factory so that kio jobs
> > don't instanciate their own delegates directly (which kills core/gui
> > separation). After that we should be able to move much more stuff to
> > kiocore (like the actual jobs, and the scheduler).
>
> Do you have any schedule? As in the items to do for kio, the progress
> who is doing what, the grand KIO plan? Is there a wiki page with this
> just like the frameworks splitting page?

Not yet, because it's very linear. Nothing that can be parallelized at this
point.

> which tier is KJob going to be anyway? It's not listed in the
> frameworks splitting document.

KJob is part of kcoreaddons, tier1.

> Well, for linux it compiles just fine. I tried that a few days ago
> (last sunday). The thing i got complaints about is undefined reference
> to QSaveFile in the libkio library (not kiocore). But i have yet to
> look into that in more detail. And yes, that is with Qt 5.2 dev
> branch.

Strange. Maybe a missing linking to Qt5::Core... (which doesn't show up when
building all of kdelibs, for sure).

> Other then that, i will try to give you feedback when building
> kiocore on mac. I wonder how far that will go considering the

... the ?
(truncated sentence)