Qt5 is required

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Jan 21 07:33:26 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Saturday 19 January 2013 13:36:37 David Faure wrote:
> It's time to drop the Qt4 compatibility, in order to use the new things from
> Qt 5 which we need to continue simplifying dependencies between frameworks.

Also note that I fixed ktcpsockettest this morning to be reliable. It should
not randomly fail anymore. So I asked the sysadmins to get build.kde.org to
send an email on list when the build or a test breaks. We'll be notified when
it gets stable again too.

Please consider such breakages as "stop the line" events. People available
when it occurs should make sure to fix the situation before pushing more of
their own stuff[*].

The idea is that build breakages should be as short and seldom events as
possible.

Regards.

[*] No, I don't mean committing random crap to get the ball barely rolling
again. I mean stopping whatever you're working on to find the right fix with
the other available people.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net