KDirModelV2, KDirListerV2 and UDSEntryV2 suggestions

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jan 15 22:25:06 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 15 January 2013 17:14:52 Mark wrote:
> We're talking about application level now. In other terms: off topic
> ;)

Not completely.
It's good to decide on an overall direction for a given issue, before
determining which layer should do what.

If we decide that it's ok to compute things incrementally, or to sort only
when all the data is in, because the application will hide the view until the
right time, then we know it won't create trouble, so it's a good solution
overall. Otherwise another solution must be found in the model to prevent
"things jumping around visually".