"kde5" or "kf5" ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 21 17:38:46 UTC 2013

On Thursday 21 February 2013, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 February 2013 22:47:15 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > please have a look at the attached patch.
> > Ok to commit ?
>
> This looks good, but it will break the code, if you don't also update the
> code to look into these paths :)
>
> Don't forget to run
> perl -pi -e 's,kde5/service,kf5/service,g' `git grep -l kde5/service`
> perl -pi -e 's,kde5/libexec,kf5/libexec,g' `git grep -l kde5/libexec`
> in kdelibs (and plasma-framework?) when you commit.

Ah, I didn't expect that to be hardcoded.

How does QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::GenericDataLocation)
actually work, how does it determine the directory ?
Via KDEDIRS ?

In my other mail, with the code from kinit.cpp, this additionally has the
problem that it makes kdeinit non-relocatable, which is bad at least under
Windows (do we have kdeinit there) and also under Mac, where you typically
just want to drop the application somewhere.
I guess there we should also use something like QStandardPaths ?

Alex