kdelibs frameworks buildsystem under Windows

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sun Feb 17 13:47:02 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at gmail.com>wrote:

> Based on
> http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/releases/stable/4.8.0/kdelibs-x86-mingw4-4.8.0-2-bin.tar.bz2kdewin is used by the following shared librares:
>
> ./lib/kde4/kio_file.dll DLL Name: libkdewin.dll
> ./lib/kde4/kio_ghelp.dll DLL Name: libkdewin.dll
> ./lib/kde4/kio_help.dll DLL Name: libkdewin.dll
> ./bin/libkio.dll DLL Name: libkdewin.dll
> ./bin/libkhtml.dll DLL Name: libkdewin.dll
> ./bin/libktexteditor.dll DLL Name: libkdewin.dll
> ./bin/libkde3support.dll DLL Name: libkdewin.dll
> ./bin/libkparts.dll DLL Name: libkdewin.dll
> ./bin/libkdecore.dll DLL Name: libkdewin.dll
> ./bin/libkdeui.dll DLL Name: libkdewin.dll

Off-topic for now, but I would like to leave a note here: it would be nice
to find the time to eliminate kdewin from as many places as possible. There
are lots of things that are available in Qt nowadays. It would be worth the
effort to give it a try in my opinion. What is not available, that could be
perhaps upstreamed? Even if there is anything non-cross platform, there has
been a QtWinExtras established lately in Qt5 upstream.

I have also been told it is incompatible as of now with the new mingw
version (which is required for Qt5).

Laszlo