CamelCasing our libraries ?

Kevin Ottens ervin+bluesystems at kde.org
Sat Feb 16 09:45:24 UTC 2013

On Friday 15 February 2013 18:15:41 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> any opinions abouut changing our library names to CamelCase, like
> libKCoreAddons.so, together with the package named KCoreAddons ?
> Right now it is libkcoreaddons, and the cmake variables for it are
> kcoreaddons_FOUND, kcoreaddons_INCLUDE_DIRS etc.
>
> I'd prefer to CamelCase them. This would also be consistent with Qt.
> We can do that step by step as the libs move from staging/ into tier[123]/.
>
> Comments ?

I've been wondering about that too... I think the "consistent with Qt"
argument is the right one to go down that path.

If we generally agree on that the following steps should be taken though:
 * Making the change globally for everything currently in tier[123];
 * Adding that check to the definition of done in the kdelibs splitting wiki
page

Note that modules should probably not follow that rule though.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net