Frameworks & Performance Question

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo.pereira at free.fr
Mon Dec 30 17:54:45 UTC 2013

On 12/30/2013 06:50 PM, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 30 December 2013 17:20:23 Hugo Pereira Da Costa wrote:
>> Indeed oxygen (@KDE4) was using:
>>
>> connect( KGlobalSettings::self(), SIGNAL(kdisplayPaletteChanged()),
>> this, SLOT(globalPaletteChanged()) );
> Interesting, so every style had to do this, rather than KStyle doing it
> centrally.
No no:  in KDE4, oxygen was not inheriting from KStyle but QCommonStyle.
In KF5 it is inheriting again from the (much cleaned-up) KStyle class.
So that I'm all for moving it (or any KF5 equivalent) to KStyle.
(just not the way it is done now ;))

> Shall we keep the same idea for KF5 or move it up to KStyle?
>
> I guess globalPaletteChanged() was in oxygen, but the reparsing done inside
> kglobalsettings made things work in kstyle too.
yes. But should be avoided.
I'll look into it a bot (but Alex might now better).

In the meanwhile, I would just comment out the reparsing (which in turn
would imply that configuration changes would only apply to newly started
applciations, but I guess that's better than having unresponsive
applications ...)

Oppinions ?

Hugo