Frameworks & Performance Question

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Mon Dec 30 07:02:09 UTC 2013

> On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 08:07:38PM +0100, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > if I play around with Kate on KF5, it laggs like hell the whole time.
> >
> > I tried to profile, but guess I am stuck a bit.
>
> How did you profile? I'd recommend using 'perf', it's pretty simple to use:
>
>  - perf record ./kate
>  - perf report
Yeah, but it gives me just the same, that seemingly most time is spend in the reparseConfig stuff
triggered inside the style ;) Which is somehow fishy for me, will try with other style and/or cleanup my config ;)

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com