kde4support: kstandarddirs_unittest fix

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Dec 28 10:38:16 UTC 2013

On Friday 27 December 2013 11:38:08 Alex Merry wrote:
> On 27/12/13 11:30, Kevin Ottens wrote:

> >> Co-installable applications means versioned binary names, at which point
> >> it's easy enough to do versioned desktop file names.  But I was under
> >> the impression we didn't care about co-installable applications.
> >
> > Ah gotcha... stupid me, it's for applications only of course. Then yes,
> > looks like we don't need to deal with that indeed.
>
> Well, there are a couple of edge cases to deal with; specifically, kio
> installs kmailservice and ktelnetservice executables with associated
> desktop files, but we already have to deal with co-installability for
> the executables themselves, so the desktop files are no harder.

We could call them kmailservice5 and ktelnetservice5.

They don't do anything different from the kde4 versions, so one could also say
"just install one version of each", but this seems more complicated for
packagers, so I'm in favour of just adding a '5'.

In case anyone wonders "why not libexec" - because .desktop files have to
refer to files that can be found in bin, for other desktop environments
looking at these .desktop files.