kde4support: kstandarddirs_unittest fix

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Dec 24 00:31:09 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 5:37 AM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 23 December 2013 14:42:45 Alex Merry wrote:

>> > Setting it correctly is the tricky part.  CMake doesn't seem keen on
>> > giving you the install prefixes of other packages.
>>
>> Ah, I should say that the reason setting it correctly is tricky is
>> because it turns out it doesn't actually need to contain the
>> installation directory.  The important thing is that it contains the
>> directory where KConfig is installed, unless that *is* the installation
>> directory.  Basically, it only needs to be set if you're installing the
>> frameworks in different directories, like Jenkins does.
>
> Sounds to me like jenkins itself should be setting it.
>
> I'm actually pretty sure it does already, otherwise a lot of stuff would never
> be found (like the kdoctools entity file...)

The CI scripts set KDEDIRS, XDG_DATA_DIRS and XDG_CONFIG_DIRS as
expected for each prefix.
This includes the prefix where the installation is staged to prior to
it's full deployment.

Those interested in the specifics of what it does should look at
kde:websites/build-kde-org, branch production, file tools/kdecilib.py
from line 431 onward.

> Ben?
>
> --
> David Faure, faure at kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
> Working on KDE, in particular KDE Frameworks 5

Thanks,
Ben