framework names (Re: Let's get in release mode!)

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Tue Dec 17 15:26:09 UTC 2013

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:54:44 +0000, Alex Merry wrote:
> On 17/12/13 12:57, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>>> I guess the question is - what does this module actually bring. I
>>> assume, a consistent look-n-feel for KDE-produced api docs, right?
>>
>> Yes. It also goes a bit further by doing things like generating
>> menus
>> in the sidebar and handling cross-doxygen search (though that bit
>> could
>> use some improvements). It should at some point include the work I
>> did
>> on dependency diagram generation.
>
> It almost sounds like this is more sysadmin-ish than framework-ish...

In all case, this code was in kdelibs until now, so even if it is not a
framework since it does not provide libraries for applications to
link to and is not used by the end user, it needs a repository.

It is tied to frameworks though. It expects to find certain files in
projects source code in order to build its documentation, for example a
Mainpage.dox file to build api.kde.org sidebar menu.

I expect more conventions regarding docs are going to be defined, which
all projects documented on api.kde.org will have to follow so that
apidox can extract relevant information from there.

Aurélien