Tracking bugs in Frameworks

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Mon Dec 16 23:05:32 UTC 2013

My two cents from a bug triager's point of view:

1. General

* If new products/components are added, it would be nice if one of the
maintainers is the default assignee, or - if the generic "kdelibs-
bugs" assignee stays - they are automatically added to the CC list. In
case a component is unmaintained, the default assignee should reflect
that fact.

2. Re: New bugs

* All bug reports are monitored, so the actual product/component does
not matter from the perspective of the bug triaging team. I guess
practice will show if/how we need to relayout later.
* My personal preference would be simply more components for kdelibs,
where the splitting previously was not as fine grained as is now
needed, e.g. for kdeui or kdecore.
* As David already suggested, a simple 5.0, 5.1 etc. version would
clearly indicate that the user/developer tested the bug on the
frameworks release.

3. Re: Old bugs

* Except bugs that are reported against now unmaintained features
(KLineEdit etc.), existing bugs are very likely still valid for
frameworks (the code, after all, just moved). To keep them into view
for whoever maintains a framework, I highly suggest to not let them
rot at any old place in bugzilla.
* If new products/components are created for frameworks, the bug
triaging team will help moving the old reports.

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)
KDE Quality Team
openSUSE Review Team