Tracking bugs in Frameworks

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Dec 14 12:11:09 UTC 2013

As we gear Frameworks up for release we need a way to track bugs that
exist in the new Frameworks.

We have two options; either we copy all the bugs in kdelibs, triaging,
testing and moving to the right new component or we start fresh.

There are approximate 1400 open bugs marked against in kdelibs; many
of these I think are invalid duplicates. It's not an impossible amount
to triage, but it would still be a large amount of work to test and
then either move or resolve them.

Given we still plan to support bugs in kdelibs officially for a while
yet and I personally think it would be easiest for everyone to make a
new bugzilla product called Frameworks and add newly found Frameworks
bugs there.

If there's agreement I can do all the relevant bugzilla admin.

David