[Important] Breaking change - Changing framworks lib and package names

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Wed Dec 11 17:35:33 UTC 2013

On 11/12/13 17:12, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 December 2013 14:12:38 Alex Merry wrote:
>> On 11/12/13 13:43, Martin Klapetek wrote:
>>> ***) These are the Qt Designer widgets, no need to tinker with it at all
>>
>> I like Kevin's suggestion in an earlier thread[0] to rename kdewidgets
>> to kf5designerplugin.
>
> Yes. Or KF5WidgetsPlugin, at least. It's really confusing otherwise, one might
> think it's a collection of widgets, like KF5WidgetAddons is.

Personally, I prefer KF5DesignerPlugin - it's pretty obvious what that
is, but KF5WidgetsPlugin could be a plugin *for* KF5 Widgets, rather
than a plugin for designer related to KF5 Widgets.

Incidentally, this is also something that could be viewed as tier4
material, except for the "makekdewidgets" application that is installed
(which could probably have a better name; providing kde4support still
sets the KDE4_MAKEKDEWIDGETS_EXECUTABLE variable properly, it shouldn't
matter).

Alex