Installing headers in include/KF5, how to?

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon Dec 9 16:54:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

I resumed working on setting up the header install policy discussed a few
weeks ago since some of the changes are going to be simpler to do before the
split.

First task is: use ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/include/KF5 as the base header
install dir instead of ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/include. My first approach was
to patch ecm so that INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR was set to
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/include/KF5 instead of ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/include
. Filed a RR doing just that ( http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/114336/ ), but
it was pointed out to me that this would impact everything using ecm, not only
frameworks. Therefore I think the correct fix is to change
${INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR} in frameworks themselves.

I experimented with that and it boils down to doing something like attached
patch, for all frameworks. I don't mind doing the work, but I want to be sure
this is what we want before I start. Opinions?

Aurélien