Suggestion: create an own framework for KGlobalAccel

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Dec 8 09:16:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

at the moment KGlobalAccel is part of XmlGui which I consider semantically
wrong. Global shortcuts have nothing to do with XmlGui and there are quite
some examples for applications which need global shortcuts but do not use xml
gui (e.g. everything in the desktop shell).

My suggestion is to move the following source files into an own framework:
* kglobalaccel.cpp
* kglobalaccel.h
* kglobalaccel_p.h
* kglobalshortcutinfo.cpp
* kglobalshortcutinfo.h
* kglobalshortcutinfo_dbus.cpp
* kglobalshortcutinfo_p.h
* org.kde.kglobalaccel.Component.xml
* org.kde.KGlobalAccel.xml

From checking the source files this would become a tier1 framework as the
dependencies are:
* QtCore
* QtDBus
* QtWidgets
* QtX11Extras

Opinions?

Cheers
Martin

P.S. I blame Aurélien and his diagrams for this proposal. It made me look into
the dependencies of KWin and I had a "wtf why are we linking sonnet?" moment
and looked into what we used of XmlGui.