KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2013-w49

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Thu Dec 5 14:17:27 UTC 2013

These are the minutes of the Week 49 KF5 meeting. As usual it has been held on
#kde-devel at 4pm (CET / UTC+1) time.

Present on the meeting: vhanda, teo-, agateau, apol, dfaure,
mck1982, shadeslayer, sebas, mgrasslin and afiestas, arichardson,
PovAddict,randomguy3,

General notes:
Few people raised the concern that this is a frameworks meeting rather than
plasma2/workspace, maybe we should have 2.

Also, after the meeting it was discussed whether we should continue using
qt5.git instead of qt-repo-tools. It seems like qt5.git continues to be the
thing to use.

Topics discussed:
*teo-: screenlocker is up for adoption

*agateau: Work on superbuild, some difficulties on setting it up in
build.kde.org. Apol notes that maybe we want to move directly to the
splitting.

*randomguy3: Pushed changes making kimageformats separate from kguiaddons

*apol: Ported some stuff to plasma2 hoping to find gaps in KF5
*apol: Started to work on making QFileDialog frameworks integration

*scarpino: Available to do some work, kde-workspace/plasma taks suggested

*mck182: all tier1 have libKF5* prefix now, found some issues with Config.cmake
since target become KF5::KF5Target (instead of KF5::Target)

*dfaure:  Split script should be done: split_out_frameworks.sh which will
split kdelibs.git in ../frameworks, also runs astyle. Then
qtrepotools/bin/git-qt-grafts can be run to use git log.
*dfaure: Working on remove the dependency from KLauncher to KRun.

*afiestas: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/114184/ waiting for final ship it.
*afiestas: working on startkde, fixing things related to it (kinit module)

*sebas: debugging plasma startup crash
*sebas:  enabled pager in default layout
*sebas: made statusnotifier items in systray mostly work
*sebas:  more make-it-work stuff in the panel

That's it, sorry for the delay on sending the minutes.