Framework diagrams

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Thu Dec 5 08:22:44 UTC 2013

Le jeudi 5 décembre 2013 08:38:18 Kevin Ottens a écrit :
> On Wednesday 04 December 2013 23:58:14 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> > Le mercredi 4 décembre 2013 18:36:25 Aurélien Gâteau a écrit :
> > > I am considering generating simpler diagrams by hiding the framework
> > > targets. Hopefully it will make the big diagram more readable.
> >
> > Just implemented this ^, which is what Kevin suggested if I got it
> > correctly. The images in http://agateau.com/tmp/kf5 have been updated. Big
> > ones like kf5.png or tier3-kdewebkit.png are still frightening, but more
> > of
> > them are now readable. At least all tier2 and some tier3 diagrams are OK.
> >
> > It is still possible to include targets if necessary, using
> > the new --detailed option of kf5dot-generate.
>
> Very nice job! Looking randomly at a few, I see dnssd is claimed to depend
> only on Qt. Was it a mistake to put it in tier 2 or a bug in the script?

If I am not mistaken, dnssd is tier2 because one of the backends it uses
depends on tier1, but it is not the backend used on my machine, so this does
not appear in the diagram. Might be worth looking at whether we can add an
option to build both, if not for the diagram, it would be good for CI.

Aurélien