KToolInvokation

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Dec 1 18:24:30 UTC 2013

On Sunday 01 December 2013 18:42:58 Dominik Haumann wrote:
> Hi Aleix,
>

> KToolInvocation::invokeHelp() was removed. We used it like this:
>
>   KToolInvocation::invokeHelp("advanced-editing-tools-commandline","kate");
>
> According to https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/111298/, is the preferred
> replacement to go with something along this lines:
>
>   QUrl u("help://kate/advanced-editing-tools-commandline"); // ???
>
>   QString helpcenter = QStandardPaths::findExecutable("khelpcenter");
>   if (! helpcenter.isEmpty())
>     QProcess::startDetached(helpcenter, QStringList(u.toString()));
>   }
>

> Unfortunately, the porting docs about KDE 4 -> KF5 are basically
> non-existent. That makes it rather hard to find a correct solution...

Clearly something wrong regarding the documentation. The intent was to go
through QDesktopServices using a help:/ based URL (so you wouldn't need to do
the khelpcenter dance by hand). If the doc is not up to date it should be
fixed of course.

IIRC Aleix worked on that task, so seek if help in case of need.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net