K_PLUGIN_FACTORY changes explained

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Aug 31 09:12:29 UTC 2013

On Saturday 31 August 2013 10:59:33 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > * QCoreApplication::libraryPaths() should be used, instead of going from
> > bin/foo to ../lib/*/ - ouch ;)
>
> Well, that didn't work -- not without setting environment variables like
> QT_PLUGIN_DIR. We did give it a try, but libraryPaths() actually didn't
> return the path to the library directory. And we wanted to be independent
> of environment variables here.

Is this a setup with self-compiled things in custom prefixes, or is it a setup
where everything is in /usr?

In the first case you need to set env vars anyway (PATH, QT_PLUGIN_PATH, and
qutie a few more). In the second case I'm surprised, what does
QCoreApplication::libraryPaths() return then? A dir with only qt plugins but
not your own plugins? I thought it would all be the same in a proper "distro"
setup...