Updating CMake requirement to 2.8.12 RC 1

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Aug 27 20:19:10 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 23 August 2013, Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> >
>> > FWIW, I've been using cmake master for many years, and I can't even
>> > remember *ONE* breakage.
>> >
>> > But anyway, I'm fine with not requiring git master, since the thread
>> > showed that it's not convenient for everyone.
>> >
>> > I just wanted to refute the argument about "breakages" :)
>>
>> I'll note that build.kde.org has picked up several regressions in the
>> past, however these were in the CMake "dev" branch, which is expected
>> to be a little bit more unstable than all the others, as it has been
>> subject to less testing.
>
> build.kde.org should use the cmake which is required by KF5.
> If it additionally does builds using cmake from git that's even better.

It builds it from Git, the 'next' branch to be precise. See
http://build.kde.org/job/cmake/ for more information.
The references to the 'master' branch should be ignored in any build
log output. Builds are automatically performed once per week.

We don't track the status of CMake tests, although they are executed.

> Alex

Regards,
Ben