What's up with KRun::runCommand?

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon Aug 26 21:52:48 UTC 2013

Hey David

I was trying to port kmimetypechooser away from KRun, so I started to look at
the implementation of KRun. It seems to be somewhat strange -

bool KRun::runCommand(const QString& cmd, const QString &execName,
const QString & iconName,
                      QWidget* window, const QByteArray& asn, const QString&
workingDirectory)
{
    //qDebug() << "runCommand " << cmd << "," << execName;
    KProcess * proc = new KProcess;
    proc->setShellCommand(cmd);
    if (!workingDirectory.isEmpty()) {
        proc->setWorkingDirectory(workingDirectory);
    }
    QString bin = binaryName(execName, true);
    KService::Ptr service = KService::serviceByDesktopName(bin);
    return runCommandInternal(cmd, service.data(),
                              execName /*executable to check for in
slotProcessExited*/,
                              execName /*user-visible name*/,
                              iconName, window, asn, workingDirectory);
}

It seems that the KProcess is created and then not used at all. The git log
doesn't seem to reveal much. Could you please take look?

--
Vishesh Handa