Updating CMake requirement to 2.8.12 RC 1

Rohan Garg rohan at kde.org
Wed Aug 21 08:27:22 UTC 2013

> > so I disagree on raising the cmake requirement, at least before the final
> > release is out.
>
> Which cmake release do you use in Project Neon 5? Is it part of your
> packaging effort or you assume whatever comes from the distro?

We currently build for 2 releases  last stable (Raring) and current dev
(Saucy) , for Saucy we assume packages come from the distro, and for Raring we
had to backport CMake 2.8.11.2 to the PPA. While KDE Frameworks is sandboxed
separately from a stable KDE install, cmake is not sandboxed and overwrites
the cmake package from the official distro repository., which is why I'm uneasy
with thought of having a RC release of cmake in the PPA.