Ki18n mostly ready

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Tue Aug 6 09:35:40 UTC 2013

> [: Sebastian Kügler :]
> Putting KLocalizedString::insertCatalog in is good enough, mark it
> DEPRECATED so we get warned that porting work is coming up.

The way I see it, there are no more KLocalizedString::insertCatalog() calls
anywhere :) All newly incoming code for porting will have the older
KGlobal::locale()->insertCatalog() form, which cannot be reintroduced as
dummy. So, in fact, in the quick note in KDE5PORTING.html I should refer to
this older form.

> [: Sebastian Kügler :]
> Having someone fix the build (by removing the insertCatalog call, for
> example) will hide this porting task once there's a proper solution, and
> I'm sure it will lead to a large amount of insertCatalog calls simply not
> being ported. [...]

See my remark on static code checking in the other message. That should be
sufficient to avoid most cracks in translation coverage due to porting.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)