The (unknown) KDE-Platform-independent libraries

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Apr 18 19:06:49 UTC 2013

On Thursday 18 April 2013, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> On Friday 05 April 2013 12:13:37 Mirko Boehm wrote:
> > I hope the other framework developers agree when I say that the best
> > time to begin advertising this is around the KDE conference this year,
> > which will be held together with the Qt Contributor Summit.
>
> I'm torn on that... We probably should start to make more noise toward of
> community for sure. For third party developers it's still a bit early has
> there's still no release in sight.

I'm not sure this is the case for all frameworks.
E.g. karchive seems to be in pretty good shape, I guess also itemmodels and
some more in tier1/.
What would be needed would be to have everything needed in a released Qt5
version.
I'd also like to get extra-cmake-modules into a releasable state, since it
could very well be released before, which could also help to make its status
clearer.

Alex