FYI: Updates in ThreadWeaver

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Apr 4 16:31:53 UTC 2013

On Thursday 04 April 2013, Volker Krause wrote:

> > > If not, we have the kdeexamples repository for such things.
> >
> > Two more questions:
> >
> > - - I have some code that should only be compiled for debug builds. Which
> > is the preferred macro to do that? At the moment, I am using the
> > classical NDEBUG, which probably is not what we are using:
> >
> > #if not defined NDEBUG
> >
> >     d->debugExecuteWrapper.wrap(setExecutor(&d->debugExecuteWrapper));
> >
> > #endif
> >
> > - - As for tests, I now have four unit tests programs amounting to ~40
> > tests total. One of them has 28 of the tests. I wonder if I should
> > simply put all the tests into one unit test binary, or not. Note that
> > this does not include benchmarks, those are separate. What is the
> > preferred way?
>
> CTest can execute unit tests in parallel, so there is an advantage of
> having multiple test executables, assuming enough tests for this to matter
> of course.

I haven't looked at the test...

When you say "One of them has 28 of the tests.", does this mean that one
execution of the test executable executes 28 tests, or can the test executable
be called with 28 different command line parameters, and then execute the
requested test ?
In the second case, this sounds good, a test failure is very specific and
tests can be executed in parallel, which is not the case if the first is the
case.

Alex