FYI: Updates in ThreadWeaver

David Faure faure+bluesystems at kde.org
Thu Apr 4 09:24:31 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 03 April 2013 10:09:56 Mirko Boehm wrote:

> On 04/02/2013 05:05 PM, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> >> - - Examples are currently in the kdelibs tree, at

> > If not, we have the kdeexamples repository for such things.
>
> Two more questions:
>
> - - I have some code that should only be compiled for debug builds. Which
> is the preferred macro to do that? At the moment, I am using the
> classical NDEBUG, which probably is not what we are using:
>
> #if not defined NDEBUG
>     d->debugExecuteWrapper.wrap(setExecutor(&d->debugExecuteWrapper));
> #endif

Seems fine to me, we already use that in other bits of code (e.g.
kdirlister.cpp).
cmake sets that in release mode AFAIK.

> - - As for tests, I now have four unit tests programs amounting to ~40
> tests total. One of them has 28 of the tests. I wonder if I should
> simply put all the tests into one unit test binary, or not. Note that
> this does not include benchmarks, those are separate. What is the
> preferred way?

Volker's answer is an interesting data point. Not that the ksycoca-related
tests are ready for parallelism though.

In Qt, the rule is that any test program must run in under 5 seconds.