KLocale plans (Re: KF5 Unit test results)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Sep 16 16:52:36 UTC 2012

On Saturday 15 September 2012 13:36:42 Chusslove Illich wrote:
> > [: David Faure :]
> > So either i18n is ported away from KLocale, or all that calendar stuff has
> > to move into the ki18n framework, at least in the short term.
>
> Since including calendar stuff into ki18n would be a temporary measure that
> would later have to be undone, I think it's best that I split out ki18n and
> remove KLocale dependencies from it as soon as possible.

Yes.

> The proper location would be staging/ki18n, right?

Yes. Make sure to follow the standard directory structure under that dir (src,
autotests, tests), see
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies#Framework_directory_structure

Anyhow, I recommend splitting "in place" (in kdecore), first, to have commits
that do the splitting, separated from the commits that do the moving.
I can even do the moving once you've done the API splitting :-)