KArchive design changes

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Oct 29 06:29:25 UTC 2012

On Sunday 28 October 2012 10:48:47 Pier Luigi wrote:
> 2012/10/12 Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org>
> > I can't predict the future, but still, I doubt it will go in Qt itself to
> > be honest. I don't see why that would force you to make your own github
> > repository and your own copy though.
>
> To avoid the whole kdelibs dependency. What I meant here is that KDE made
> great things like Solid, KArchive etc... and it would be very handy for
> other projects if they were available as separate repositories.

Ah OK, I assumed you knew! Good news, it's exactly where KDE Frameworks is
going. ;-)

We're in a transition phase where we keep working in a single kdelibs
repository for now but it'll get splitted with a "one repository per
framework" scheme before release.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net