KArchive design changes

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Oct 12 16:46:39 UTC 2012

On Monday 24 September 2012 08:49:56 Pier Luigi wrote:
> I will use it of course, maintaining code already available in a larger
> codebase is not an option I would totally avoid it, although I hope it will
> go in Qt 5.1+ because otherwise I will have to make my own github repo
> with a copy of it.

I can't predict the future, but still, I doubt it will go in Qt itself to be
honest. I don't see why that would force you to make your own github
repository and your own copy though.

> What's you plan for pushing more kdelibs stuff in Qt 5.x guys?

That's mainly about adding a class here and there, or contributing features
and fixes in existing classes at that point. There's no plan for complete
libraries (it's in fact very expensive as it basically means a rewrite because
of legal reasons).

There might be exceptions of course.

Regards.
--