ktranscript plugin to frameworkintegration?

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Thu Nov 29 10:24:09 UTC 2012

> [: David Faure :]
> Yes, but by moving it out, the ki18n framework doesn't have a hard
> dependency on kjs.

Well, I do consider it a hard dependency. And the fact that it is not an
actual compile-time dependency, an optimization side effect. Also, the
reason for ki18n to be tier 2 is that it "depends" on kjs, or else it would
be tier 1.

> [...] but at compile time you only need ki18n. This lowers the entry bar
> for hacking on a specific framework.

What about unit tests-to-be, which will exercise ktranscript behavior within
ki18n? This will use specially prepared data within ki18n, and to split this
data between ki18n and frameworkintegration would really make no sense (or
maybe not even possible in a sane way).

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)