KArchive for Qt4

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Nov 22 21:15:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

attached is what I have so far, and I think this is how I want it to be.
Creating the Config.cmake files is IMO too project specific to be generalized.
Beside that, I want developers to know about these files, to know what they
are for, what they should contain. Among others, so that they are able to help
users (people building their software) if something goes wrong with this
Config.cmake files.

This uses now a new ecm_setup_version() macro:
ecm_setup_version(5 0 0
    VARIABLE_PREFIX FOO
    [SOVERSION 4]
    [VERSION_HEADER ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/foo-version.h]
    [PACKAGE_VERSION_FILE ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/FooConfigVersion.cmake]
    )

as suggested earlier.

The file with the macro and the modified CMakeLists.txt are attached (I think
it makes more sense in this case to have a look at the complete file than to
just see a patch).

Comments are welcome.
If there are not serious objections, I'll commit this in the next days and go
through the frameworks one by one.

Alex